Students must meet the NMC criteria for admission to the course:
- Qualified for three years, the last year should be in current area of practice
- Completed a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check within the last three years
- Successfully completed a physical assessment module
- Competent in numeracy as per NMC standards
- Demonstrate ability to study at Level 7 (Successfully completed a module at level 7 or achieved 60% or above at level 6)
- Students will need to complete an additional application and obtain approval from the NMP (Non-Medical Prescribing) Commitee or equivalent at their current employment.
Students must additionally have the support of their line manager and a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) who can commit to 78 hours of supervision minimum.